Free Fans for Older Adults
Spring Primary Election
All of the following candidates have been nominated to run in the Fall election.
- Deb Baughman
- Candi Bussard – Candi is running as a write in candidate for the second Democratic spot for commissioner. Candi represents local Democratic values, and is our endorsed write in candidate.
- Karen Williams – Karen is the incumbent minority auditor for Bedford County. She has a degree in business from California University and has served in this position for many years.
- Judge Dan McCaffery – rated highly qualified by the PA Bar Association, also endorsed by PA Democratic State Committee
- Amanda Green Hawkins – also endorsed by PA Democratic State Committee
Bedford County Democrats’ & Helen B. Hughes Federation of Democratic Women’s Spring Fling
The event will start at 5:30 p.m. at the Bedford Elks County Club and will include live music provided by local artist, Diana Lee, an appetizing menu of hors d’oeuvres from Chef Nicole, a cash bar, and a silent auction.
Tickets are available from Valerie Pawuk, 327-6383 or Chris Smith, 494-3187.
Petition Party Tuesday, February 26
The BC Dems will hold a petition party starting at 5:30 Tuesday, January 26 at the lower level of the American Legion. park behind the building for direct access.
Enjoy food and fellowship from 5:30-7:00. We will have soups and bread from the Horn O’Plenty Farm to Table Restaruant, an artisanal cheese platter from Hidden Hills Dairy, and homemade cookies and brownies from The Bird’s Nest Cafe,
Candidates and/or surrogates will be there with their petitions. We will have a notary present as well.
The monthy business meeting will follow at 7:00 p.m.
Local Candidates Who Will Have Petitions Available
- Deb Baughman, County Commissioner
- Brandi Hershey, Judge, Court of Common Pleas
We will also have petitions available for the following Superior Court Candidates.
- Attorney Amanda Green Hawkins
- Judge Daniel McCaffrey
They are working to get on the ballot for the three Superior Court openings that will be on the ballot in 2019.
The current Superior Court Justices whose terms end in 2020: